Catholic Charities has been licensed to place children in adoptive homes since 1943. We have a cooperative agreement with Holt International out of Eugene, Oregon to complete adoption home studies for International Adoption. Holt International facilitates the placement of a child or children in the home after home study approval.
Home Study Process (6-9 month process)
- Attend an Adoption Informational Meeting
- Apply to Holt International (www.holtinternational.org/adoption)
- Submit a Catholic Charities Application for Adoption
- Reference letters requested from your doctor and Priest or Pastor
- Complete the Adam Walsh Background Study
- Attend meetings with your adoption worker
- Reference interviews
- Home Visit
- Complete adoption online adoption training
- Secure home study approval
- Your home study is submitted to USCIS and Holt International by Catholic Charities
The Adoption Home Study is part assessment and part education. During the home study your adoption worker will gather information pertaining to your personal history, relationships, support systems, parenting style, religion and spiritual beliefs, finances, health, family strengths and needs, cultural awareness and diversity, and attitudes and beliefs regarding adoption. Educational components are completed online through Holt.
International Adoption Fees
- Application: $500
- Adam Walsh Background Study: $70 per person
- Home Study: $3,000
- Coordination/Referral: $1,000
- Post Placement Services: $400 per visit
- Finalization Services: $400
- Other fees apply depending on services requested.