The Onward and Upward program was created to provide a pathway for single parents and pregnant women in completing their education and achieving family financial stability and self-sufficiency. We aim to provide comprehensive wraparound social and financial support to overcome barriers to graduation.
- Students enrolled in Onward and Upward are paired with a Catholic Charities Navigator to identify a plan for academic success.
- Navigators help students in identifying their educational goals and potential barriers that could negatively affect their success in school.
- Navigators provide connections to community supports and services.
- Students agree to meet twice a month with their Navigator to be eligible for financial assistance.
- Monthly scholarships (non-academic) and emergency assistance are made available to address unexpected and unforeseen events that could threaten the students’ ability to stay in school.
- Single mothers, single fathers and pregnant women
- Pell Grant eligible (Provide an award letter)
- Enrollment in one of the following programs at RCTC
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- Clinical Neurophysiology Technologist
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene
- Histology Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Emergency Medicine Paramedic
Apply today! Priority will be given to applications submitted before the start of each semester.