Catholic Charities of Southern Minnesota seeks a full-time Refugee Resettlement Case Manager in its Rochester, Minnesota office. The Case Manager is responsible for case management for specifically designated Catholic Charities sponsored refugees. This position also takes a leadership role in the employment program Match Grant and Refugee Cash Assistance program. This person will be responsible for case management and job development, as well as various facets of employment skills training and job search for clients in the Match Grant Program. Service as an eligibility coordinator for the Refugee Cash Assistance program.
- Providing hands-on case management with much of the work being conducted at clients’ home or in the community
- Regular home visits and completion of extensive documentation in the form of case notes and required forms
- Prepare for the arrival of new refugees by working to secure housing, complete the move-in of required furniture items.
- Be available for the occasional evening refugee arrivals and weekend home visits
- Welcome new arrivals of cases assigned at the Rochester Airport
- Make referral and transport clients to various service providers
- Assist clients in securing employment
- Data entry and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, or relevant degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Competent with computers; familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Previous work experience and interest in refugee resettlement or other direct social services desired.
- Able to lift and/or move more than 20 pounds to accomplish the furnishing of housing.
- Strong sense of teamwork required. Comfortable working with a multi-cultural team.
- Can work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate maturity, flexibility, creativity, initiative, organizational skills, the ability to work effectively with others, and the ability to think systemically.
- Must own automobile, have a valid driver’s license, adequate insurance, and be able to drive in urban and rural areas throughout the twelve months of the year.
Please email resume, cover letter, and list of three work-related references to Kristina Hammell, Refugee Resettlement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to her attention at Catholic Charities, 903 W. Center Street, Suite 220, Rochester MN 55903. Position is open until filled.